Friday, October 16, 2009

Knowing


Play Preview Fifty years after a time capsule was buried at a local school, teacher John Koestler (Nicolas Cage) examines its contents and discovers that it holds many shockingly true predictions. Soon, John is convinced that his family will play a role in an impending apocalypse. Rose Byrne co-stars as Diane Wayland, the daughter of the woman who first buried the capsule, in this tense blockbuster thriller from ace sci-fi auteur Alex Proyas.

I like Nicolas Cage, so I liked this movie for that reason. It was interesting, and fun as a SiFi but I didn’t really like the story. It was too dark and too depressing. Besides, I can’t really connect with the whole global warming, man verses nature, end of the world crap. A bunch of aliens come to save samples of earth and to transplant them onto another planet. Great, but the aliens far dark, scary, and almost evil. It’s someone’s creative explanation for the Adam and Eve story. I didn’t buy it. Sorry, I know this show was popular, but I wasn’t impressed. Kimball ***

Netflix link to Knowing

No comments:

Post a Comment