
This inspirational drama from award-winning producers Alex and Stephen Kendrick combines faith and football in the tale of high school coach Grant Taylor (Alex Kendrick), who rises above failure to create a winning spirit on the field. Taylor faces a losing team, a failing marriage and the possibility of being fired. At the end of his rope, he puts his life in God's hands and, in doing so, finds a stronger purpose and, ultimately, salvation.
This is the second of Alex Kendricks films. The first is "Fly Wheel", also worthy of seeing although the acting and production are lacking some. The message of his films thus far have been the same; Give your life to God and things will work better. I happen to agree with him. For us LDS people, we need to look beyond the obvious protestantism and get the message. I think he has done a great job. His next film is Fireproof. It’s on my queue and I’ll be seeing it soon. This film, Facing the Giants, is a good watch. Enjoy.–>Kimball
Link to Facing the Giants
Just a note. I appreciate the unapologetic way that Alex Kendricks approaches the topic of God and spiritualality in our real and personal lives. It seems to me that our LDS film makers have been, for the most part, afraid to do that. LDS films seem to be filled with sarcasm and apology. Intrestingly, Alex Kendricks is enjoying a lot of success at the box office with his new film, "Fireproof". Facing the Giants did well also. Is there a message here? I can't help but remember the Lord's reply to his apsostles about others who where preaching his doctrine; If they be not against us, then they are for us.
ReplyDelete