Thursday, March 26, 2009

Galaxy Quest


Decades after the success of the sci-fi series "Galaxy Quest," the show's washed-up stars -- Jason Nesmith (Tim Allen), Gwen DeMarco (Sigourney Weaver) and Alexander Dane (Alan Rickman) -- are recruited by actual aliens to pull off an intergalactic rescue mission. At first, the actors assume the so-called Thermians are just another group of die-hard fans. But as the plot thickens, they realize they're working with real-life extraterrestrials.

Ok, so what, I like this movie. I don't care what you guys say I think this is a classic that deserves to be on this prestigious blog page. This is a great "change of heart" movie complete with acts of faith, hope and sacrifice. No, really. Who couldn't watch this film and feel committed to live a more worthy life? Who wouldn't fall in love with our hero, Jason Taggert? I think this show should be manditory material. -->Kimball *****

Netflix link to Galaxy Quest

2 comments:

  1. haha...CLASSIC! I know I always made fun of you about this show dad...but I don't know..I think it grew on me. all those gooooood lines re running through my head right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, the crazy thing is that all of those goooood lines have become a part of my vocabulary. It's amazing how many times we say, "Minors, not miners," or "Did you guys ever watch the show?", or "Caw, caw" and there's mom's favorite, "You broke the ship, you broke the bloody ship?", and Davids favorite, "Hey you guys, there's a red thingy going towards the green thingy, I think we're the green thingy," and in the shop we hear, "Did you see that door was a little sticky, I'll get my guys to put some WD-40 on it." I could go on and on, but then I'd just have to watch it again. In the meantime, "I hope you enjoy your teptuptlet ticks."

    ReplyDelete