Kirk Cameron plays Capt. Caleb Holt, a dedicated firefighter whose marriage to his wife, Catherine (Erin Bethea), has taken a severe turn for the worse and is about to end in divorce. But just when hope seems to be running out for them, Holt's Christian father intervenes, challenging the couple to a 40-day experiment that he hopes will give them a renewed love not only for each other, but also for God.This is the third of Alex Kendricks films, and the message of his films continue to be the same, "Give your life to God and things will work better." The acting in this movie is much improved compared to his others. We thought it was uplifting and motivating. A great "reminder" film. I appreciate how he puts God in the center of everything, including the most important area, our marriage. --->Sarah
Netflix link to Fireproof
P.S. Jonny got emotional during this one...that should tell you something!
ReplyDeleteThis film probably hits home with a lot of people. This was great stuff. I actually liked "Facing the Giants" a little bit more, but this was still very good. Alex Kendrix is doing a great service with these films. I hope he keeps it up. I really liked the 40 day love dare. I wonder if mom would do it to me? --> *****
ReplyDelete