Monday, June 8, 2009

Seven Pounds

Distraught over his wife's death -- and convinced that his own actions had something to do with it -- a depressed IRS (Will Smith) agent begins plotting his suicide, vowing to improve the lives of seven strangers in the process. But a chance meeting with a woman who has a life-threatening heart defect (Rosario Dawson) threatens to derail his plans when, suddenly, their budding relationship feels a lot like love.

The show was well acted of course, and well directed. I had a problem with several things though. One, there were a few of those "bleep of the screen" scenes where the actors get to unleash their hormones and call it work. I also was not to into the whole compassionate suicide thing. By the end of the movie I was depressed and ready to send him a "Snap out of it" phone call. Then, the way he kills himself was just too bizzar for me. In all, this show left me with a dark and depressed feeling, and wishing I could turn on "Home Improvement" or something to lighten up the mood. -->Kimball**

Netflix link to Seven Pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment