Based on the best-selling memoir, this feature adaptation centers on Jennifer and John Grogan (Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson), who, as newlyweds about to start a family, learn many of life's important lessons from Marley, their lovable yet trouble-seeking canine. This heartwarming story examines the highs and lows of marriage, maturity and confronting ones' own mortality, as seen through the lens of family life with a dog.I really liked this one. There were some scenes that we could have done without where the love between the Grogans is portrayed with all of it's playfull bedroom humor. But over all this was a great film. I enjoyed the development of family and family relationships. I really appreciated the author and director's developement of the all to common dilemma that women find themselves in today; that of having to make a choice between being moms or career women. Jennifer chooses family with the reasoning that "if working means that I will only be with my children for a few hours in the evening, than I'll stay home with my children." Brovo. And the career changes were made in the interest of opportunity and sacrifice. John sees in the end after meeting up with an old budy, who had taken a different road, that his choice to have a family had brought him the greater happiness. Marley was a wonderful metaphor for sacrifice and love in the face of challenge. Marley did his job. He had raised a family in love for eachother through their love and sacrifice for him. -->Kimball****
Netflix link to Marley and Me
No comments:
Post a Comment